Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Tortellini Soup

I love anything Italian - well, the food to be precise. I can eat pizza, spaghetti, lasagna just about every night of the week. One reason in particular, it's just so easy to whip up. Throw some pasta in boiling water, drain, mix with sauce, and wahla. Make yourself some garlic bread and you got yourself a great meal.

I know my family loves pasta as well, just not to the extreme that I do. Unfortunately, having to work late 3 nights a week, I need a quick meal for those nights and usually all I have time to make quick is pasta. I hate trying to figure out what to have for dinner and if I don't plan in advance, pasta is one thing you don't have to thaw out.

So I have been experimenting with other types of pasta meals and one in particular is this tortellini soup. Super easy to make as well, made from stuff I usually have around the house, and is different enough that I can keep my family happy. So here it is, a new staple in my house for those need to fix something quick so I can continue to finish my work meal. My next endeavor, try to get my husband to cook on those nights, but I won't hold my breath. I will have to say though, he does cook pretty good - when he wants to (and I know he would if I asked him too, but I would definitely want it to be something he does voluntarily - and he just might now if he reads this - he's good like that).

I have never been a big soup person, but every time (most of the time anyway) I make soup, I say to myself - wow, that was good. Something about soup I seem to get right, and it was such a big hit with the husband that he suggested we have it for leftovers, and if you knew him, that's a big deal.



TORTELLINI SOUP

Ingredients:  

1 onion cut
3 garlic or more if you like
1 Polish sausage - or any sausage of your choosing
1-3/4 C chicken stock
1 C water
1 can, 14.5 oz, diced tomatoes
1 package of tortellini  
6-9 oz of spinach 

not all ingredients in picture






Saute onion and garlic in a little bit of butter. Cut up sausage in pieces and throw in the mix. I used Polish sausage as I had that in my fridge.

Add chicken stock, water, and tomatoes and bring to boil.

Add tortellini and cook for 5 minutes. Lower temperature, throw in spinach until softens.

I top my off with Parmesan cheese and accompany with garlic bread.  

Yummy right?





That's right, and enough left over for tomorrow night. Simple, quick, and tasty.

Enjoy my friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment