Wednesday, May 28, 2014

What ever happened to being a nice human being?

This is my vicious dog:


My dog unfortunately bit the mail lady a couple of weeks ago. We were not home to witness the event thank the Lord, but ambulance arrived, dog officer on scene, and state police were called.

I can't tell you how bad I felt about the whole situation. I called her, I talked to her, I sent her flowers, and I told her that I would pay for anything that insurance, etc. does not pay. She had to have her rings cut off her finger and I told her to send me the bill so we can take care of it.

A week after the incident and talking to her multiple times, the letter came. You know the one from the attorney stating that the "victim" is now going after us for compensation.

Well today, the insurance company came and "assessed" the dog situation. I am happy to say that Digger made a very good impression, but unfortunately I was told that the "victim" usually will get the money and that they tend to "milk" the situation. The good news, they are aware of this scenario and take that into consideration.

I really feel so bad that my dog hurt someone, and was willing to do whatever I needed to do. Why does everyone have to resort in suing? - and yes, I do know the answer to that question - (because they can) Love society. To me (not to minimize the situation)- a mail person not getting bit by a dog is like saying a chef will never get burned. It comes with the territory.

I still hope she does well and that no lasting effects of the dog bite come of it, but it just makes me really question the human race. She seemed like such a "nice" lady, not one that would possibly put another family in financial ruin. But like they say, you can't judge a book by its cover.

So people, really, when you see a BEWARE OF DOG sign in the yard - don't go in the yard - or then again go - you can sue, and get lots of money.

Over and out and I am so trying to do it in peace!!! Just keep swimming, just keep swimming, just keep swimming

No comments:

Post a Comment