Sunday, November 24, 2013

We're The Millers Review

We're The Millers - rated R

Sorry I was wrong. The movie was rated R. So my bad on that one. I thought it was PG-13 and as I was watching I was amazed that this would pass for PG-13 - but again, I was wrong, and it is rated accurately at R. Too bad they didn't have rating such as R-18 or R-21 or R-not suitable really for anyone. But it was a a relief to know that this movie isn't what would pass for PG-13. I am sure one day this stuff will be considered suitable for our younger viewers, but thank the Lord that today is not the day. I just wish I knew that beforehand as I let my 9 year old watch it. Again, me bad.


What's it all About:  After being robbed of a week's take, small-time pot dealer David is forced by his boss to go to Mexico to pick up a load of marijuana. In order to improve his odds of making it past the border, David asks the broke stripper Rose and two local teenagers to join him and pretend they're on a family holiday. Written by Peter Brandt Nielsen

Like I said, it was very funny. My husband and I laughed at one spot and we couldn't stop laughing for a whole 10 minutes. We even laughed about it after. Thankfully my son didn't "get it". Raunchy and distasteful in so many ways, you get a little bit of drugs, you get a goofy virgin, a stripper who of course couldn't keep her clothes on during the whole movie, and a runaway girl. A lot of swearing, an almost swinging thing going on at one point. I think this movie hit a little on all the wrong things that is happening in this world today. Definitely not made for the faint of hearts. 

On the up side, she didn't completely undress. Now a days you can walk around in your panties and think nothing of it. Too bad for that. Leave nothing to the imagination. And we ask what is wrong with society today. Hum???? You also don't see them partaking in the drugs themselves, nor are there any real "sex" scenes. Pretty sad when this is part of the good part. 

But, like I said, I enjoy movies and I would recommend this one, but again, make sure you know what your getting yourself into, don't watch with children present, and get ready to laugh at some pretty raunchy, distasteful things. 

Happy viewing peeps!!!!

Peace Out Yo.

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to comment as I got a little bit of feed back from people whom I want to thank. But I got some helpful advise and places to go to review movies before watching them - especially with my son. And they are: http://pluggedin.com/ and http://www.kids-in-mind.com/

    Thank you so much. I will definitely be using these in the future.

    ReplyDelete