Sunday, October 27, 2013

Some Free stuff and Death By Pumpkin

I have been going through the book of Genesis with my kids and instead of just reading the story I wanted to use some visuals and fun crafty things with my kids to help them get to know the story of Noah and his ark. Most people know the story, but you can use this as sort of a unit study type thing. This site I found great printables - for free.

Noah's Ark printables preschool fun






I also came across this from Bible Based Homeschooling website, which I love. Lots of discount stuff regarding bible based stuff. This one sounded interesting. I have not yet read it, but thought I would share.

10 People Every Chrisitan Should Know. Free from kindle ebook.




This week I have been running around like crazy. Soccer, scouts, awana, bible studies, cooking for church bake off - which I got 2nd place thank you very much.  So I am going to share that recipe with you guys today. Don't you feel lucky.

I called it Death by Pumpkin. I don't remember what the original name was, but I thought the name fit.

Well here it is:



Ingredients:

1 package (14-1/2 oz) gingerbread cake mix
1-1/4 C water
1 egg
4 C cold fat-free milk (I used 2% milk)
4 packages (1 oz each) sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix (I did not use sugar free)
1 can (15 oz) solid-pack pumpkin
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp each ground ginger, nutmeg, and allspice
1 carton (12 oz) reduced-fat frozen whipped topping, thawed (I used original)

Directions:

Follow gingerbread cake mix. It said to just poor mix into pan, water, and the egg. I mixed in the pan I was using to cook in- ungreased 8-in square baking pan. Back at 350ยบ for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to wire rack. Crumble cake. Set aside 1/4 C crumbs for garnish.

Whisk milk and pudding mixes for 2 minutes or until slightly thickened. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set. Stir in pumpkin and spices; mix well.

In a trifle bowl or 3-1/2 qt glass serving bowl, layer a 1/4 of the cake crumbs and 1/2 of the pumpkin mixture, a 1/4 of the cake crumbs and then 1/2 of the whipped topping. Repeat layers. Garnish with remaining reserved cake crumbs. Serve immediately or refrigerate.

Again, this won

and I never win anything. I was so excited.

Thank you everyone for loving my recipe. I also met new and wonderful people, and got to know old acquaintances even better. What a fabulous Harvest Party at my church. Love you all.

Peace out Yo!!!!! Love be with you

No comments:

Post a Comment