Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Homemade dryer sheets

I have gotten so far as to make my own laundry detergent and my own dish washing soap. Both are doing well and other than my washing machine not working correctly, I have no problems and the clothes have been coming out clean. I will post these "recipes" in another post if anyone is interested.

My next adventure I wanted to try were dryer sheets. I had 2 boxes of store bought sheets already so it wasn't something I needed to rush into. But now, having done 3 loads without dryer sheets, and cold weather coming, and the fact that I hate static, and the fact that I have been forgetting them every time I went to the store, I decided that today was the day before I do my next load of laundry.

I finally found one that was simple and I could use what I already had on hand. I know I could just use the fabric softener in the washing cycle, but mind you, my washing machine is not working properly and it doesn't really work for the static problem. Plus I love my clothes smelling super "clean" when they come out of the dryer.

so I mixed one part your favorite fabric softener. I had Downy, and equal parts water (I used more water than I did fabric softener - I like to be frugal).



Mix in an airtight plastic container and then I add one dishcloth. You can use a clean sock, sponge, really anything that will soak up the liquid. 




When your ready to throw your clothes in the dryer, ring out the dishcloth or whatever your using, and throw it into the load. Wahlah. Throw it back into the mix after each load. How much easier can you get. There is probably a less "messy approach" but with what I had on hand, this is what I am going to try first. 

I love making my own stuff. My next project will be to actually my own fabric softener instead of using the store bought. Then, it will be totally "handmade". 

Peace Out Yo - have a blessed day and keep on keeping on

No comments:

Post a Comment