Monday, October 21, 2013

Healthy Waffles

Ok. I know I don't normally just post on one thing. So bare with me. I just love to share different stuff and when I come across something I like, I want to share. Now again, they don't all fit into a nice little category. But again, this site is just me. I guess if you don't like some things I share, than you might like others.

I have been in the process of trying Shakeology. It is either a replacement meal or an addition to your daily caloric intake depending on your goals. But the great thing about this, it is quick, it tastes good, and it has everything I need. I am not a great eater. I try to eat healthy, but I tend to skip meals as "I don't have time". Then of course I eat like crazy next chance I get. But this is easy, and it gives me energy, has all the essential vitamins, it can help you lose weight or maintain, and it is quick. Throw some stuff in a blender and go. I have many times whipped it up and threw it in a cup and away I went. But I will tell you more on this next time. Right now I have a great waffle recipe that I shared with my kids this weekend. They usually don't like MY cooking, but they ate this up. Not as good as Lego My Eggos but, at least I know what they are eating.

A little funny I found:


Waffles:

  • 2 large eggs
  • 1-3/4 C milk 
  • 1/2 C oil (any kind will do)
  • 1 Tbsp Honey
  • 1/2 Tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 Tsp baking soda
  • 2 Tsp baking powder
  • pinch of salt
  • 1-1/2 C flour (now I used a mixture of rye flour and wheat, but any kind will do)
  1. Preheat waffle iron.
  2. In large bowl mix eggs, milk, oil, honey, cinnamon, and baking soda until well combined
  3. Add in flour, baking powder, salt and mix together.
  4. When waffle iron is ready, spray with oil or dab with butter and fill, close and wait. Follow instructions of your own personal waffle maker. 
www.inmykitchen.com
thank you for the photo (not the recipe)

And wah lah (by the way that is the word dumbasses (excuse my french) use who aren't aware that the term is viola) - I looked that up on google - interesting

I also mix banana into my mix and they don't even know it. Cuz I am like that. 

Peace out Yo. Now to go teach my kids something. 

Sir, my concern is not whether God is on our side; my greatest concern is to be on God's side, for God is always right.  Abraham Lincoln

No comments:

Post a Comment