Thursday, July 25, 2013

What to Do??

So I just informed everyone that I am planning on homeschooling my wonderful, very rambunctious, overly active 1st and 3rd grader. I have bought all books needed for my 1st grader and still working on Language Arts for my son. All I can say, I am totally confused.

WTF is language arts? I know this should be an easy thing to grasp, but it really has a lot of parts - spelling, reading, vocabulary, grammar, phonics, etc. Some books combine some elements, some have a book for each one. What about something that has it ALL in there. I have done some more research and found that there are a few out there that combine all elements into one - and way cheaper. So now what do I do. Purchase that on top of what I already purchased.

This issue has really confused the living daylights out of me and I feel really STUPID.

On top of all that, I am looking at the 1st grade curriculum - and boy, I do not think she is ready. They wanted to hold her back in kindergarten if she was to stay in school, but I figured that I would just kind of start with 1st grade and see how she does. I think I really need to re-figure that one out as I think her reading, spelling, etc. is still at kindergarten level. So now to rethink, reevaluate, and spend more. My husband is going to love me. Sorry dear (in advance), I love you.

Remember - SMILE

Peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment