Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Gluten

What was I thinking.

First let me paint a picture (about my life). Probably would fit into the not funny category, but lets begin. You can skip if you don't want to be bored but I think it sets the stage.

I will put it simply - I am a work at home mom. I work full time, I have 31/2 kids (ages 17, 9 and 5 - and the 1/2 comes in with a 26 year old stepson who has recently moved back in), 2 dogs, 2 cats and just got rid of our not needing a lot of care 20 chickens and replaced them with 14 new born (7 of which I hatched myself). I have another incubator filled with duck eggs. This is, however, my second try on the ducks as my nephew (of course accidentally) turned the heat on as high as it could go and I didn't notice until the next day. I still thought (I have no idea why) that maybe they survived. But as the days went on and stench grew stronger, I finally had to chuck them. So I am attempting again to hatch 10 duck eggs. Just so you know, duck eggs do need attention everyday until they hatch, and then obviously they need more.

Now I am not complaining when I say this (well actually I am, but that would be a whole other post as I could fill up quite a bit with my complaints), but I really, and I mean really get no help. My kids run around the house screaming from the time they get up - 5:30 a.m., to the time they go to bed, 8 p.m. and give me a 1/2 hour of groaning if I ask them to do anything.

So what do I do:


This is Stella. 3 month old Stella. She for the most part has been ok, partly because she is very timid. But that is going away as she gets to know us, so the wining, the peeing, the biting, and for the first time today the pooping happens. I am the one that has to take her out every 1/2 hour, and still, she comes inside to pee.

Today, right after I brought her in from going to the bathroom, she pooped, in the dining room. So as I was in the kitchen making lunches for the kids, I hear OH - she pooped. As I walked around the corner, I see my husband, my 2 children and 1 of my dogs just staring at the mound of sh.. on the floor as they very nicely tell me that the dog pooped on the floor, EWWWWWWWW!!!!!

and then they all look to me like - here it is, what are you going to do about it? WTF. Really?

So I try to muster up a smile and without yelling or groaning or grunting, I pick up the sweet smelling sh.. on the floor with very approving onlookers. Approvingly I am sure you know because they are not the ones picking it up.

So, what was I thinking? I guess I assumed I had a lot of time on my hands. I was spending too much time for myself (you know, the time I spend when I am sleeping). So if I take away those house, I have 7 hours to take care of a puppy. Who needs sleep anyway. A complete selfish activity. Carry on now and be happy with your day - just think - your probably not picking up sh..

Peace out


1 comment:

  1. I just wanted to make clear the title - Gluten - gluten for punishment that is. I often refer to myself in this way

    ReplyDelete