Monday, October 14, 2013

A Weekend Not Full of Laundry

Happy Columbus Day All!!!!! 

So glad for these nonstressful "holidays". You know the ones where you get a day off of work, but no planning a big dinner is involved, no running around to different relatives houses, no having to clean the house for company. Nope, I wish all holidays were like Columbus Day.

We had nothing really planned this weekend. Just lounge. I say that every weekend but it seems my husband finds something for us to do. He hates just sitting around the house. Me - I am a homebody, I could sit around the house all weekend in my PJs and call it good. But this particular weekend, I am glad that we made last minute plans. But first let me tell you the whole story.

Friday my husband and I were talking about going away for the weekend, but unfortunately my oldest daughter went camping with her friends, and my stepson would be away Saturday visiting his mother, so we had no one to look after our small herd of animals. I then suggested that we go up Sunday night as his son would be able to take care of the animals and since we didn't have to work Monday, it would be a great little getaway - and it was only 1-2 hours drive. I got an emphatic NO!!!!!!!!! I am not going to drive a couple hours just to get away for one lousy night. OK - FINE. Be that way.

So, Sunday morning rolls around and at 8 a.m. we are getting ready to jump in the shower to get ready for church, as we always do, and he suggests that we go in at 10 for just the sermon as we usually go in at 9 as they have the adult bible study/school at that hour and I enjoy attending them.  I said, no, I want to go to the study. But, as I was brushing my teeth and still not really feeling all that well from being sick, decided that we can just move slowly getting ready and we can go in at 10. He then decides it would be a good idea if we just leave for New Hampshire for the night as his son will be home to watch the animals.

Did anyone get that?  If not, go back and read paragraph 3 - at the end.

I started laughing as if I didn't I would have slapped him silly and cried instead. I suggest we drive to Massachusetts to go camping with my mom and dad (free by the way) which is only 1-2 hours away, and now he is suggesting we drive 3-1/2 hours away for a night trip - and if we did that we would have to be out of the hotel by 10 a.m. (and that is if we get a hotel) ???????? Are all men like this?

I very nicely (yes, really, nicely) said that I would rather drive a couple of hours and camp out with my parents (we do love camping and haven't been in over a year as we sold our camper) and at the same time enjoy something other than our ordinary days duties (as I knew I would be cleaning all day - not very exciting).



All I can say is I am really glad we went. What a wonderful place. This is the last weekend for most campgrounds and they do a halloween theme with trick or treating, candy haystack. The only thing I did not like is when you pay to go into these places, which mind you are not very cheap (only dollars cheaper than a hotel) and then you have to pay to use their activities, like mini-golf. Really. Maybe it is just me. But I personally think that when you charge someone to stay on your property, well then you should include all amenities that are at the property. Really people. Get with the program.

Anyway, this is what I woke up to this morning



Postcard perfect I think. Pictures from my phone - now I wish I just had a good printer so when printed they look as good. But, this made the trip worth it. And the fact that I got 10 lbs of apples to make applesauce with, and my mother bought me a food mill so I don't have to borrow my neighbors.

Well I will now bid you all a good night. I didn't post what I actually came on to post, but I will do that tomorrow. I found an awesome sight of print ups to use with your first grader. So neat.

TIDBIT of the DAY
Columbus Day is a U.S. holiday that commemorates the landing of Christopher Columbus in the New World on October 12, 1492. It was unofficially celebrated in a number of cities and states as early as the 18th century but did not become a federal holiday until the 1937. For many, the holiday is a way of both honoring Columbus' achievements and celebrating Italian-American heritage. Throughout its history, Columbus Day and the man who inspired it have generated controversy, and many alternatives to the holiday have appeared in recent years. - 
Provided by www.history.com

Peace Out Yo -


No comments:

Post a Comment