Saturday, September 28, 2013

Breaking Bad

As you know by now, I am an avid movie watcher. I feel I can live my life vicariously through the characters of movies and TV shows. I have to get excitement from somewhere. I am not really an interesting person, kind of boring if you ask me. Your probably falling asleep by the boredom as you read this and feeling really bad for me. Really - how much excitement can I get from being a homeschooling mom who also works at home. The only excitement I get is going to scout meetings and soccer games (Love being a soccer mom - Yeah!!!!!) Can you feel the excitement yet.

No really. I do love my kids and they definitely keep my life going, or should I say they keep my head spinning.

I am not a big TV fan. I find them just not that interesting. Since Friends and Lost went off the air, I really don't watch primetime TV, and definitely not daytime TV. Soap operas are long gone for me. I think the sad part is, is that I can start watching General Hospital again and I will know exactly what is going on even though I haven't watched it in over 10 years. Now that is sad. Ok I just really depressed myself, because when I run into people I haven't seen for 10 years and they ask that questions "what have you been up to?" - and you reply same ole thing. HA. So I guess I am as bad as General Hospital. Just throw in a few more kids and a new husband. Now that is excitement.

I do though love showtime and HBO series. They are great. I had finished up Weeds a couple of weeks ago. Not a big fan at how it ends. Sorry. I won't give anything away, but NOPE. Kill joy. Now I am in the process of waiting for the next season of Dexter to come along, as well as The Big C - two more great series. However, I am too stingy to go buy them that I wait for them to come through the library.

So, Yo - Bitch - in the meantime, I finally brought home Breaking Bad season 1. I had picked that series up more than once and just kept putting it back down. Didn't look like something I would be interested in, but as I heard they are finishing up the show, and I had nothing else to watch, I brought it home. Well let me tell you something - I AM HOOKED. I am in season 3 and I look forward to watching it. It is one of those shows I actually yell at the TV as if they can hear me. So YO!!!! Bitch!!!!! My 9 year old son is picking up on the sayings - and I don't let him watch.


Love them. I can't wait to see what is going to happen.

I am trying to get you all hooked as well.  Love this show. Definitely worth your viewing time. So, in between teaching my kids to read and how to count to 20, and work, I watch shows like this.

Happy Viewing Everyone. Definitely a 5 star in my book - but that is only by my standings. You may not all agree, and that is fine. I won't be hurt if we don't see eye to eye.

Peace out - YO



Overview:  Bryan Cranston (Malcolm in the Middle) stars in this drama focused on a mid-life crisis gone bad for an underachieving high school chemistry teacher who becomes a drug dealer after discovering he has lung cancer. With a new sense of fearlessness based on his medical prognosis, and a desire to gain financial security for his family, Walter White joins forces with an old student, Jesse Pinkman (Aaron Paul), in a quest that follows their entry into a dangerous world of drugs and crime. Breaking Bad is produced by High Bridge Productions, Inc. and Gran Via Productions in association with Sony Pictures Television for AMC Television. Filming takes place in New Mexico.

Breaking Bad has won 8 major category Primetime Emmys from 2008-2012, despite not qualifying for awards in 2011. Most notably, Bryan Cranston has won for Outstanding Lead Actor in a Drama three times in a row from 2008 to 2010. Aaron Paul won for Best Supporting Actor in a Drama in 2010 and again in 2012, where he beat fan favorite Giancarlo Esposito. The show has 42 critical wins and 96 nominations in total.




No comments:

Post a Comment