Monday, August 13, 2012

Trust in the Lord

It is not always easy to put your faith in God. Of course, when things are going great, God is good. But how do you feel about God when things in your life start going not quite to your liking?

I am kind of a complainer. I don't like it when things do not go my way. I used to feel like things were in my hands to control when and how I wanted, that I was the writer to my own story. What a blow to find out that most time things do not go so well when I try to drive my own life when God has a hold of the steering wheel. This is definitely when accidents happen.

Never mind that I also have to be patient in all this. God has His own timing, and it is not necessarily the same timing as my own. I know that, again, if I try to do things not in God's timing, accidents happen. He is in control - ALWAYS!!!! I always say patience is a virtue, but it is hard when I am the one that has to be patient.

There have been some major changes in our family within the past year. My husband is in construction and there are just no jobs around here. I know God is trying to teach us something, or He may be closing one door just to open another. But that is the hard part - not knowing. I have really grown in this last year in my faith. I have really had to put my trust in God and know that He is in control. HARDEST thing I have ever done. This is extremely difficult when I am so blind as to what is going on, why it is going on, when things are going to change, and what is going to change. We are thinking of moving, but is this really what God wants for us? How do we know?

We don't. That is just it. I believe we are to just pray, and pray some more, and look to the Lord for guidance. I need to put all my faith in Him that in his own timing, he will guide us. I believe he is using this time in our life to cleanse away all the stuff in our life that is keeping us from a right relationship with him, as well as strengthening our faith to where we look to Him and not ourselves for what we need and want, and looking towards him to guide us through the next chapter of our lives.

I know that in his timing he will reveal to us what is in store for us. But I have to pray everyday for patience to wait on His timing, and not rush into doing what I want now.

Please pray for our family during this time. I would also love to pray for you as well if you are going through a tough time in your life.

God bless. Grace and Peace to all.

Carrie

No comments:

Post a Comment