Monday, November 4, 2013

ART


Teach Art at Home


I also found a great way to teach art at home. I am no way artsy in any way, shape, or form. I can follow instructions, patterns, I can do needlepoint where everything is laid out for me and then follow instructions, but to actually create something - HUH - really total joke and many laughs later. Did you see my tree I did a couple of posts ago. You get what I mean. But my kids seem to love to draw and I have yet to really incorporate into their homeschooling routine. But today, I came across this site that had some simple, great ideas to incorporate a little bit of art into other parts of the curriculum. So of course I want to share.

Ideas for Teaching Art at Home
by Karine Bauch
Think you can't do it? Here are some ideas to help you teach art at home:

  1. DRAW FROM LIFE OR PHOTOS: Encourage your students to draw from reality as often as possible. This will build drawing abilities more than anything! Get photos from the Internet, magazine and books. Grab items from around the house to draw.
  2. FOLLOW THE STUDENT’S INTEREST: If your child loves cars, trains or horses, supply him with photos of these and encourage him to draw his favorites.
  3. KEEP SUPPLIES HANDY: Most children get inspired to draw by just seeing new art supplies and paper readily available. 

Other resources for Art lessons

Real Art Lessons


Capture the joy of painting and creating things of beauty with your own gorgeous oil painting. An oil painting that you create following this step by step technique, and once learned, can be repeated over and over again so you'll enjoy a lifetime of artistic freedom in creating many more masterpieces.



Learn to Draw People


Learn to draw people step by step - proportion is the key


ABC You Can Draw


As a professional illustrator and teacher, I was hired by a university to rescue two classes of Graphic Design students who were due to complete their diplomas, but they could not draw well.
Using the proven step by step workshops I had written and trialed over many years I took these students from rough amateurs to skilled practitioners of technical and commercial drawing.

Donna Young Drawing Lessons


What happens from the eyes through the brain to the hands? Drawing lessons are supposed make the budding artist become aware of how to translate the 3-D images that the eyes see into a draw-able 2-D image to fit somewhat proportionally onto the drawing surface. There are a couple of teachable methods that artists have used for centuries. One is the grid method and another is called sighting. Let's not forget that most of the time, there is no method; people just draw.

Most all of home schooling mom's have heard of Donna Young, and if you have not, well get on over to her page. She has so much more than just art. It is a homeschooler's go to page. The drawing lesson plans she has is just 1 fraction of what her page consists of. Check it out. 


Well there are some fun freebies and a few not so free drawing things that might point you in the right direction if your like me and have not a bone in body that shouts ART

Please out Yo. Have a blessed day

No comments:

Post a Comment